I enjoy watching movies with unexpected endings. Often, the endings can frustrate me if they don’t work out according to the endings I had hoped for. Even so, the element of surprise is usually appreciated.
The other day I called my sister, also a realtor, and started our conversation with, “You won’t BELIEVE what just HAPPENED!” There was a moment of silence and then– laughter. Laughter because I have started many conversations the same way. Anyone in real estate will tell you that crazy things happen. Yes, they happen often. I believe the same can be said about almost any industry: teachers, pastors, fast-food workers, and on and on.
If you are facing an obstacle in your own life right now, and life is not making a lot of sense, here are a few thoughts that may bring you encouragement:
- Problems are often nothing more than brilliantly disguised opportunities.
- Some things are impossible to not take personal- so set a period of time that you will allow yourself to feel the hurt or disappointment ( 5 minutes, 1 day, etc) and then shake the dust off of your feet and get back up.
- Find one honest friend who will help you keep a healthy perspective when life doesn’t make sense.
- Keep moving forward–do one thing TODAY that will help get you back on track.
- Don’t allow self doubt to sabotage your goals and dreams.
- Tomorrow is never a guarantee–make today the best day ever!
Each one of us has a great purpose, not just on the good days but also on the days that don’t make sense. Unlike a movie, an unexpected turn of events in our own lives is simply the end of a chapter, not the end of our story. Turn the page–start a new chapter. Stay the course.